APEC Papua New Guinea 2018
|APEC Papua New Guinea 2018|
|Host country||Papua New Guinea|
|Date||November 18, 2018|
It wil be the first time Papua New Guinea is hosting the APEC meetings. Australia is providing a quarter to a third of the cost to host the meetings and will also help with logistics and security.
Economic Leaders' Meeting
This will be the first APEC meeting for Chilean President Sebastián Piñera, Peruvian President Martín Vizcarra and Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad since their inaugurations on 11 March 2018, 23 March 2018 and 10 May 2018, respectively; Mohamad had previously attended multiple APEC meetings in his first term as prime minister. It will be also the last APEC meeting for Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto following the 2018 Mexican general election.
- Thomas, Andrew (February 25, 2018). "Papua New Guinea to host APEC, biggest event in its history". Al Jazeera.
- "Interview: PNG ready to host a successful APEC summit, says APEC minister". Xinhua. April 3, 2018.
- "Trump to attend APEC in PNG". SBS News. April 3, 2018.
- Hong Kong joined APEC in 1991 during British administration with the name "Hong Kong." In 1997, Hong Kong became a Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China and took the name "Hong Kong, China."
- Due to the complexities of the relations between it and the People's Republic of China, the Republic of China (ROC or "Taiwan") is not represented under its official name "Republic of China" or as "Taiwan". Instead, it participates in APEC under the name "Chinese Taipei". The President of the Republic of China does not attend the annual APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting in person. Instead, it is generally represented by a ministerial-level official responsible for economic affairs or someone designated by the president. See List of Chinese Taipei Representatives to APEC.
- "Home | APEC Papua New Guinea". apec2018png.org. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
APEC Vietnam 2017
| APEC meetings
APEC Chile 2019