|Secondary hubs||San Antonio International Airport|
|Company slogan||"Beyond what is expected."|
|Parent company||AerLine Holdings LLC|
|Headquarters||Coral Gables, Florida, U.S.|
Frank Visconti, President & CEO|
Andrew Lotter, COO/DO
Michael Hackert, VP Sales
Brian Daggett, VP Gov't/Int'l Sales
Tripp Carter, Chief Inspector
Steve Santangelo, Dir. Maint.
Xtra Airways is a charter airline based in Coral Gables, Florida. The airline is certified by the United States FAA to conduct domestic, international, and cargo operations, and by the Chile DGAC to conduct domestic operations using Boeing 737 aircraft.
Established in 1987 as Casino Express Airlines, the air carrier began operations in 1989 using Boeing 737-200 jetliners flying exclusively for the Red Lion Hotel and Casino in Elko, Nevada. Casino Express operated 737 jet service from Elko Regional Airport nonstop to many cities in the U.S. In 1994, Casino Express was operating scheduled weekend only flights nonstop between Elko (EKO) and Portland, OR, (PDX) and Seattle (SEA) with McDonnell Douglas MD-80 jetliners. Casino Express Airlines also operated one Boeing 737-200 jetliner for new start-up airline Tahoe Air which provided scheduled passenger air service from the South Lake Tahoe Airport nonstop to Los Angeles International Airport in southern California and also nonstop to San Jose International Airport in northern California. It quickly expanded its customer base to include sports teams, government agencies, foreign dignitaries, press corps, other gaming properties, and other types of public and private charters. It changed its name to Xtra Airways on December 8, 2005, to better reflect its broader focus. The airline moved its headquarters in June 2010 to Boise, Idaho, and again in May 2015 to Coral Gables, Florida.
Xtra Airways changed its livery in 2015 to an executive jet style, displaying flag blue and red stripes consistent with its status as a US-flag air carrier.
In September 2016, it began operating a Boeing 737-800 (N881XA), repainted in a sky-blue and white livery with "Stronger Together" titles, for the Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign. Soon afterward a second aircraft, Boeing 737-400 (N314XA), was also pressed into service for the campaign, painted with a sky-blue cheatline and "Clinton/Kaine" titles.
Xtra Airways operates charters to airports in the contiguous United States, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, and operates flights for Apple Vacations and Funjet Vacations to leisure destinations in the Western Hemisphere.
|Boeing 737-400||6||68F; 138Y+12F; 150Y||Domestic & International||Charter|
|Boeing 737-800||4||168Y||Domestic & International||Charter|
- "Xtra Airways - World Airline News". Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "Xtra Airways Fleet Details and History". Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "Contact Xtra Airways." Xtra Airways.
- Sept. 15, 1994 OAG Desktop Flight Guide, North American Edition, Elko, NV (EKO) flight schedules
- "Casino Express changes name, flies in a different direction: Travel Weekly". Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- Xtra Airways homepage http://www.xtraairways.com
- Xtra Airways homepage http://xtraairways.com
- "XTRA Airways Introduces a New Livery, Completes its Move to the Miami Area".World Airline News
- hermes (2016-09-07). "Journalists get to join Clinton on new aircraft". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Aviation Photo #4005779: Boeing 737-86J - Untitled". Airliners.net. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Aviation Photo #4009879: Boeing 737-484 - Xtra Airways". Airliners.net. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xtra Airways.|